Going Green for St. Patrick’s Day Should Include “Greening” Your Plumbing!
Here are a few tips from Mac Plumbing to make your home a little more green while lowering your monthly utility bills.
You won’t need the “luck of the Irish” to save money if you’ll follow these money-saving tips:
- Turn down the water heater
- According to the U.S. Dept. of Energy, most water heaters are preset to 140ºF which is a little too high for the average family. Turning your temperature down just 10 degrees can save you almost $50 a year.
- Insulate your pipes
- Adding a little extra insulation around the pipes that go from your water heater to the faucet will save you even more money.
- Use low-flow showerheads and faucets
- Low-flow showerheads use just two gallons of water per minute compared to 5 gallons per minute for a regular showerhead.
- Fix leaky faucets
- A small leak can add up to significant water waste if left uncorrected.
- Invest in a tankless water heater
- Traditional water heaters are constantly running. A tankless system heats your water on demand, saving you money plus the fact that you’ll never run out of hot water.
- Schedule a preventative maintenance check-up
- Mac Plumbing has an extensive checklist that will make sure your equipment and plumbing is running properly and possibly catch anything that might become a bigger problem later on.
Be prepared with a plumbing check-up from Mac Plumbing. And if you do find yourself with plumbing problems, be sure to contact Mac Plumbing here or call us at (931) 552-5555.