We at Mac Plumbing are taking the Coronavirus (COVID-19) very seriously as well as our duty to serve our customers.
Mac Plumbing is open and running service calls. We want to be there in case of emergencies while keeping our customers safe and comfortable at home.
Here are a few of the initial measures we are taking for the well-being of our customers and communities:
- Our technicians will not shake your hand and will maintain the recommended distance at all times.
- Each technician will wear protective gear as well as fresh boot covers if we need to enter your home.
- We will clean all equipment that we use and any surfaces that we touch in your home.
- We will have each technician report health checks daily.
In most cases, we will be able to troubleshoot plumbing issues from outside your home, in crawl spaces, attics or basements, with minimal face to face contact.
You may be asked to communicate via video or Facetime.
Here what you should be doing at home to help you and your family safe from this virus:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and dispose of after each use.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces often:
- Light switches
- Cabinet handles
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
For a list of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved products go to: https://www.americanchemistry.com/Novel-Coronavirus-Fighting-Products-List.pdf
- Clothes should be washed in water that’s at least 140º to help kill germs and bacteria.
- Mac Plumbing can check to make sure your water heater is working properly and at a safe temperature.
You can also help prevent plumbing issues by watching what you flush down your toilets.
- Here’s a list of what NOT to flush:
- Paper towels
- Baby wipes
- Feminine products
- Dental floss
- Contact lenses
- Cotton swabs
- … and more
We are all in this together and we want you to know that we at Mac Plumbing will do everything we can to help during this time of crisis.
Be prepared with a plumbing check-up from Mac Plumbing and if you do find yourself with plumbing problems, Contact Mac Plumbing or call us at (931) 552-5555.