These tips from Mac Plumbing could help make this the one New Year’s resolution that you keep.
- Be kind to your garbage disposal.
- Garbage disposals are great for disposing of food scraps, but there are certain items that shouldn’t go down the drain – like grease, eggshells, pasta and coffee grounds.
- Be kind to your toilets.
- Like your garbage disposal, your toilet can’t handle certain items. You should limit your flushing to toilet paper, single ply! Paper towels, wipes, sanitary products, and thicker toilet papers can cause a clog.
- Got a slow drip?
- It may not seem like a big deal and the beginning, but a leaky faucet can cost a ton of money in the long run. In fact, the EPA estimates that a leaky faucet that drips at the rate of one drip per second can waste more than 3,000 gallons per year. Yikes!
- When is the last time you had your water heater inspected?
- If you can’t remember, you’ll probably need to Call Mac Plumbing before you wind up taking a cold shower.
- Upgrade your bathroom!
- Since you’re probably working on your new body for New Years, what about working on a new and more efficient bathroom? New water-efficient fixtures will upgrade your bathroom and also save you some money.
- Do you know where your shut-off valve is located?
- In the event of a water emergency, you need to locate your main shut-off valve. Have Mac Plumbing check for and show you where it’s located.
- Where is your plunger?
- You should have a plunger available in the kitchen and in your bathroom for small emergencies.
- BUT if there is a hard object, like a kid’s toy, lodged in the drain, DO NOT use the plunger. A plunger will only push the object further down the pipes and make it more difficult to dislodge. Instead, use a wet-dry vacuum to suck the object out.
Make sure you start off the new year with a plumbing check-up from Mac Plumbing. And if you do find yourself with plumbing problems, be sure and Contact Mac Plumbing or call us at (931) 552-5555.