If you’re concerned about the contaminants in your tap water, you’re not alone. Mac Plumbing explains why you should consider installing a water filtration system in your home
Water filtration systems help remove contaminants and chemicals from your drinking water, helping create peace of mind for families worried about what might be coming out of the tap. Chances are you’re using tap water for cooking, cleaning, and even drinking, so installing a water filtration system helps ensure the water you’re using is as pure as possible. Here are some benefits below.
Safe Drinking Water
- Pollutants such as heavy metals, viruses, bacteria, lead, nitrates, pesticides, and many other harmful contaminants can live in your tap water.
- Filtering the water at home is a smart investment in protecting your family’s health.
- Eliminating these harmful contaminants can also improve the taste of your water.
Save Money While Protecting the Environment
- Buying bottled water can add up quickly. On average, drinking 2-3 bottles of water a day can easily exceed over $500 on bottled water a year.
- Money spent on a water filtration system will be recouped quickly when eliminating bottled water costs.
- Plastic bottles are a big part of the plastic waste stream, and even if you ‘recycle’ your bottles, unfortunately, there’s no guarantee they’re actually being recycled.
Additional Benefits of a Water Filtration System
- Eliminating the chemicals heavy metals can reduce plumbing issues as they can cause corrosion and damage to your pipes and water-using appliances.
- Filtered water can help prevent skin irritation since it filters out chemicals such as chlorine.
- You will find washing dishes and clothes with filtered water will clean them more effectively.
To find out more about the water quality here in the Clarksville area, go to the City of Clarksville’s Annual Drinking Water Quality Report.
Mac Plumbing offers water filtration maintenance, testing, and repair (to our units only), as well as water softener maintenance and repair (to our units only). Select one of our whole-home water filtrations, or we’re happy to install the one you picked out yourself at a local home improvement store.
For more information on water filtration systems, quack, quack, call Mac Plumbing (931) 552-5555.